In today’s blog I’m giving the gift of Beauty Hacks for the changing season. It’s been a busy time, like so many of you, the clocks going back creep up on you and then Christmas is nearly here!
Beauty Hacks for the changing season
My most FAQ’s have been related to the change of season. It’s definitely the season of dryness and dehydration but no need to panic because I have so many great beauty hacks, I would like to share with you!
- Try applying your evening regime twice in one night to play catch up. Once, when you get in from work and then again before you go to bed.
- Another top tip to help prevent your skin from drying out is by putting your car heater on your feet and not your face.
- Lastly moisturise your face before and after using the hairdryer and if you have a stubborn area like dry lips or eyes, keep product with you (next to your desk / bed / car / tv) and reapply to play catch up.
- My celebrity bridal secret, which has helped out many famous presenters and journalists recently, is for when you’re having a phase of stubborn spots. It could be caused by the change of season or fading tans. If you are finding them difficult to cover up for a special day or job interviews, try taking an antihistamine. These can help to reduce swelling and redness for a while. Always make sure you check with a doctor or pharmacist first if you have any health issues and read and adhere to the instructions and contra indications.
- I’m seeing a lot more skin roughness and dashing that can be attributed to makeup brushes. During the winter months you tend to wear more foundation and concealer. This can result in your brushes getting dirtier than in the summer, so make sure you clean them weekly. If you have sensitive skin my top tip is to use your face wash or hair shampoo to do this . Try using sponges too.
The World of Beauty
I have been busy with my media coaching for brands, guests and CEO’s at my home studio. I’ve also been out and about in the beauty industry and was thrilled to be asked by the daily mail to be a beauty judge for them. If you missed this, make sure you pop over to my Instagram page to keep up to date with articles I’m featured in, my industry clients and the press and events I attend.
Dates for your diaries
TV as always, has been busy and fun! I love sharing great priced beauty and introducing founders, scientists, doctors and experts to you. I’ll be back on your screens again on QVC on Friday 13th (yikes) at 6pm & 9pm, Saturday 14th at 2pm & 5pm and Monday 16th at 1pm & 4pm. For more dates and behind the scenes from the beauty industry follow me on Instagram and Facebook pages.
This blog post contains some affiliate marketing links, which means I may get paid commission on sales of those products should you purchase through my link. My content is not influenced by advertisers, affiliate partnerships or brands. As a qualified beauty expert, I have worked in the beauty industry for over 30 years. To find out more about me and see my full T&C’s here: https://alisonyoungbeauty.com/website-terms-and-conditions/