I wanted to share with you some exciting news – My book ‘The Beauty Insider‘ is available now on pre-order! Yes, you heard right! Finally, after much nagging, I have been persuaded to write a BOOK and I’m giving you a little sneak peek of the cover in this week’s blog.
Available on pre-order now, just click here.
It has been in the making for a few years now but the shielding lockdown of last year meant no more excuses! So, I completed my life works of info with speed typists, drawings, plans, PDFs, and good old longhand too. Think of it as a reference book of my independent qualified knowledge for all ages, ethnicities, genders, professionals, and home use alike that you can constantly go back to and also use to help others.
You will find out what makes me tick, understand where my knowledge comes from and how it can help you in making your individual correct beauty & grooming choices. Do let me know your thoughts and what you are looking forward to and keep up to date by following me on my social platforms with more news as it come out.
I wanted to share with you this collection of effective, no-nonsense skincare available for the next 27 hours only. With a saving of over £120! Shop the collection here. I’m doing the launch at 9 pm tonight so to tune in!
If you don’t have much time and are looking for easy to apply products with neutral smells and quickly absorbing formulas that don’t sweat out and can be a speedy routine, using these could be the boost that your skin needs. We are all layering down on clothes and makeup with this spring/summer cusp and these formulas can result in a finer, brighter, recharged de-wrinkled look with minimum effort, and very little time or technique required.
This five-piece collection contains:
- Highly Active Day Cream 50ml
- Firming Neck & Décolleté Cream 100ml
- Double Strength 0.6% Retinol Serum 30ml
- Reinforcing Vitamin Complex 15ml (New Launch)
- Restorative Eye Cream 15ml
I do find retinol can be a love-hate ingredient often because of the higher percentages or unstable non-buffered formulas that can cause surface irritation, but it is one of the best ways to get that result deep down in the basal layer. This skinSense formula is of a medium percentage and is buffered so it doesn’t release on the surface and has been great on my sensitive prone skin. Combined with the new launch reinforcing vitamin complex formula gives a double result of brightening and energising for quick results with the longer-term skin renewal results coming in on week 4 onwards. Take a listen to my retinol tutorial on my website FAQ section.
It’s been a very busy time (as I’m sure it has been for all of you). I’ve been looking after family, shielding, running a business, advising industry and businesses all behind my TV roles. Using new communication methods for both personal and work certainly takes longer but has a place in the future. I still think face-to-face or key meetings with manufacturers, site visits, brand table talks cannot be replaced as well on these virtual meetings. I look forward to a new balance of virtual and actual meetings which will improve time management and efficiency but not compromise results or timeline. I’m sure that those of you in business will understand too!
SUPPORT YOUR SALON
The beauty industry has been hit hard. So, as a service provider and it’s wonderful to know that next month sees salons opening in most parts. Do get your appointments booked in and make sure you leave more time to perhaps travel safely. Remember, it even takes longer to work out how to stay sanitised while getting a parking ticket!
SUPPORT YOUR SALON
Here are my top tips when planning your journey:
- Allow longer appt time (i.e., car park ticket or drop off / journey times)
- Take your own mask and sanitiser as we should be carrying these around with us at all times anyway
- Check salon hygiene protocols (phone/website/social however you normally communicate) to keep yourself and the salon staff safe.
- Do share any concerns or if you are medically extremely vulnerable. Perhaps 9 am or the first available appointment will be safer for you.
- Contact the salon with photos or to discuss needing extra time to correct hair colour, nail damage, etc. that’s worse or different from the last time they saw you
- Take your own drink. Salons may not be able to provide your usual drinks or if they can take your own cup. Always check before (remove your own rubbish or place in bin yourself)
- Ask to use the toilet. If it’s a large salon the staff will need to know so they can clean after each use too
- Do share great service on social
- Don’t forget to tip as normally this industry does depend on tips. You could take a little presi instead if you don’t want to tip and just leave in the room or work situation so they can handle it hygienically. You will definitely go to the top of the list for a rebook or any offers!
- Most of all, once we are all used to this way to be experiencing salons – ENJOY! What a joy to finally have your roots done again and have immaculate nails, perfect brows, and a beard trim! Never mind catching up on courses of treatments!
I can honestly say that as an industry we have missed our clients! So, I do hope you are able to get out and about safely and enjoy your appts too
This blog post contains some affiliate marketing links, which means I may get paid commission on sales of those products should you purchase through my link. My content is not influenced by advertisers, affiliate partnerships or brands. As a qualified beauty expert, I have worked in the beauty industry for over 30 years. To find out more about me and see my full T&C’s here: https://alisonyoungbeauty.com/website-terms-and-conditions/