What strange and upsetting times we are all having. I would like to wish you all good health and send good wishes to you all. Like all of you, I have been busy settling friends and relatives into isolation and making sure they are as comfortable, and constantly supported, as possible.
Beauty is about feeling good about yourself and keeping up with grooming and home treatment rituals are all part of self-care as well as filling up some time. With closed salons, keeping up on your home care routines and improving your techniques are great to help keep your spirits up. So, today I would like to share some free beauty advice and a DIY hand treatment.
DIY Hand Treatment
With all this hand washing and hand sanitisers, if you or any of your family’s hands are drying out here’s an easy treatment you can try at home with what you have. If you have body scrubs, face or body oils and moisturisers, great, use them. If not then here are some ideas from the kitchen too!
- Wash your hands
- Mix some salt or sugar into your hand wash (or oil if your hands are very dry), without adding water to make into a scrub and exfoliate
- Test patch first and don’t use any food oils you know you are allergic too
- Rinse your hands
- Massage more oil on especially onto nails and cuticles. You can use coconut oil, sunflower or olive oil from the kitchen
- Apply thick layer of any moisturiser on top or hand cream if you have it
- Wrap your hands in cling film or a plastic bag and put socks over each hand for warmth or put your hands on your lap and use a hot water bottle.
- Allow all the products to absorb for as long as you like. This could be anything from 10 minutes to a few hours – if you’re watching a film.
- Remove all coverings and see improved, moist, softened and comfortable hands! It may be something fun to do with the children too!
Nursem Beauty Initiative
A hand treatment brand with a wonderful and relevant nursing story which is an amazing initiative and up for a CEW award is Nursem. Developed by a nurse for her sore hands, they give products back to nurses and midwives as the company grows. What a wonderful story and never more topical than now. You can read their story here.
Beauty FAQ’s with PRAI Beauty
One of my most recommended products for the neck and décolleté from PRAI is on a special offer today. It contains 3 supersizes of the ageless throat in the day, night and intensive serum formula to envelope your neck, décolleté and bust in these powerful result products. A luxurious way to see results and take years of the look of your neck and cleavage these multi award winning products are definitely worth a try and give great results even if you’ve neglected this area for years. It may be a great one to send to your mother if in isolation and follow her results with your own photos and FaceTime’s.
With lockdown and social distancing essential do let me know what videos and advice you would like me to share. If you haven’t already do reassess your beauty analysis with my free tutorials here. I also have videos up for teenage skin and so many other FAQ’s which may help you or your family.
Stay well! We’re all in this together.
This blog post contains some affiliate marketing links, which means I may get paid commission on sales of those products should you purchase through my link. My content is not influenced by advertisers, affiliate partnerships or brands. As a qualified beauty expert, I have worked in the beauty industry for over 30 years. To find out more about me and see my full T&C’s here: https://alisonyoungbeauty.com/website-terms-and-conditions/